AngelAID is a grass-roots, 501(c)3 non-profit community based organization founded and run by Carl and Arlene Shipley in memory of Tashia (Butler) Shipley who died of AIDS from sexual abuse. On a daily basis we are helping, and have helped over 2,000 children in our tri-county Jacksonville, Florida USA area (and their families) who have life-threatening diseases or situations. We are serving children with over 100 different diagnosis.
How You Can Help:
Your gifts fall on fertile ground at AngelAID
SHOP AT OUR THRIFT STORE – 100% OF THE PROFITS BENEFIT THE CHILDREN AT AngelAID
We desperately, constantly need items to sell in our AngelAID Thrift Super Center. The thrift store generates approximately 90% of our operating expenses.
Refer your friends to our website and our Thrift Store.
Click here to visit our AngelAID Thrift Super Center & Get current Weekly E-mail Coupons for the Jacksonville store.
Sign up for our weekly newsletter – Includes: news, events, volunteer opportunities & COUPONS for the AngelAID Thrift Store
Join Our Email Newsletter
What Constitutes AngelAID
- AngelAID is a 100% donation/volunteer-based organization; we have no paid employees. Through private contributions AngelAID is able to provide various types of relief to hundreds of families in the Jacksonville area.
- Many families in this situation have no where to turn for support and understanding when they are forced to face the reality that their child has a devastating disease.
- Often these families feel alone and abandoned while they struggle to discover any situation that will help their family meet just basic daily needs. AngelAID strives to help these children have the best possible “todays” while preparing their child to “go and meet God” (as Tashia would say).
- AngelAID understands the needs of these families and is able to provide direction and guidance toward solutions of problems for which the families are often unaware are needed or available.
- AngelAID is driven by the needs of our families through our case files.
What AngelAID Does
- Services are provided after referral by physicians, schools, hospitals, churches, juvenile justice, police, and other case management agencies.
- No money is ever given out.
- The actual product or need is taken care of by the foundation volunteers to assure that actual needs are met.
- Assist in housing, utilities, medical care, transportation, food, clothing along with the spiritual needs of our AngelKIDS.
- Christmas for 2,000 children: over 55,000 presents; a week’s food for each family.
- Feeding The Multitude: Sit-down Thanksgiving dinner and festival for over 1,500 people: Transportation and 1,500 meals; a week’s food for each family; two large bags of presents for each child; an outside festival with horse- back riding, face painting, clowns, hot dogs, hamburgs, moon walk, basketball, games, and Jaguar players.
- Moved 28 families out of the homeless shelters into their own apartments; establishing these families with full housekeeping of furniture, linens, cooking supplies, everything they need to live a little easier one day at a time.
- Easter: Easter baskets, Bibles and a week’s food for 2,000 children.
- Monthly parties: Birthdays; Suns baseball game; Disney on Ice; bowling; weekly skating parties; 50/60′s Sock Hop; Skate-a-thon; Awards Banquet; Shop with the Jaguars; Fall festival
- Food Bank and Clothing Closet Our AngelATTIC Thrift Store brings in dollars to help pay for the rent, electric, insurance and telephone costs. Not only do we sell items donated, but this store serves as our clothing closet for our clients. We feel our children deserve the dignity of being able to shop with their heads held high. The thousands and thousands of pounds of food (perishable and non-perishable) distributed from our food bank (including hygiene products) was 100% donated.
- Ancillary services: Tutoring; counseling; advocacy; on-site volunteer opportunities for youngsters; craft making (therapy and fund-raising)
- CLICK on How AngelAID Started to read about the Angel who inspired this vision. Tashia died of AIDS from sexual abuse one week after her 11th birthday.
- AngelHEROS is our global virtual division based in SecondLife – learn about it here AngelHEROS.
Visitors Starting 2012: